<< "any relevance to the subject" If I generate a RT or RD in Reaper it is instant and I can regenerate any section "Isolate what measures to re-generate". >>

I'm satisfied with the generation time of a Utility Track in BIAB and I can regenerate any section "isolate what measures to regenerate".

<< Biab tracks are in RAM maybe that's why its never been implemented? maybe it's too hard to do? I don't know, but I can do it easy in Reaper. >>
It's easy to do in BIAB. A couple of clicks of the mouse.

<< I said way back to re-write Biab 64bit more like a DAW so users can stay in Biab and got a lot of flack but this is the way it's going. >>
Yes, I agree that BIAB is becoming more like a DAW.

<< I'm not saying to use Reaper instead of Biab this is not a competition, but what Reaper can do there is no reason that Biab can't do the same. >>
Regarding how BIAB code reads the source files, I think is more important to how BIAB interfaces with DAWs and the Plug-in and that's important to the future growth of the program so I support your efforts. What you're doing with RealTracks in Reaper has no effect on the Audio Editor tools in BIAB.

<< It is not a problem to generate both audio and midi from source files in Reaper. >>
That's good. It is important that BIAB can do both.

<< "When you use Reaper to generate a RealTrack.." yes you can do all that, but why not make Biab do what Reaper can do. Look at smooth seek in Reaper that would work great in Biab for smooth transitions from any section to another or for live chord input like an arranger keyboard. >>

BIAB does do all of those tasks too. It would be great if BIAB did it like Reaper for future development but as far as audio editing in BIAB, how the source material in the audio editor and Utility Tracks is accessed is irrelevant. It's audio on these tracks not RT data. BIAB doesn't see any difference editing a singer recorded live track from a generated RealTrack from midi converted to audio.

<< "Cut, paste, gain change, fade in, fade out, normalize, delete, silence, insert silence, generate, regenerate, convert channels, harmonize, transpose, fix tuning and fix sour notes can all be applied to the audio and undone if desired. Reaper will do all that and leave the original file intact." >>
I can easily do it in BIAB and leave the original file intact. This is applying simple, decades old multi track recording techniques.

<< D:\bb\RealTracks\Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110\bs1266.wav >>
I have no clue what this is about..

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.