I had a old muso friend that I set a computer studio up for, even though he was used to splicing tapes he soon got used to the computer.
I can get him to come on here and give a guide on tape splicing.

Biab has to move forward you can't keep it in the past, I had a computer that loaded the program from a cassette tape.
If users don't use a DAW and just use Biab chances are they are not up with things and the advancements made after the 90's.
I made do with RealBand for a long time and going through all that I have learnt how things need to be made better, sure if you were stuck out in the woods in a time warp with just RealBand you would get by or someone else maybe just stuck with a tape machine they would get by.
When Util tracks were first released I said the users won't like this and they would have to be improved and the generate added so you actually have that now what you are talking about because of that very reason, I could of said nothing and that's what you would now have, nothing.

That's why I asked, maybe this is too hard to do with Biab and it should be done to the BBPlugin for those that want to use it in a professional environment.
With Biab that is the problem as there are old users with Pentium 100's and IDE hard drives so it's a fight between old and new users, where as the BBPlugin would be all new DAW capable users.

I suggest this instant play in the DAW Plugin Forum and got this response
Quote:
Currently Band-in-a-Box will run on just about anything - pretty sure it'll run on a potato. If we program BB to render everything in realtime, then our users who are still running some very old computers will need a faster CPU, more Ram, faster hard drive, etc.

and I replied:
Quote:
We are talking about the BiabVST not Biab that old users with old PC's with a Pentium 100 use, we are talking about users with high end DAW's not PowerTracks, this is what the BiabVST was made for. You can't hold back modern day studio users with high end DAW's because of old users from the 90's.
That's why I said get all the generate code into the BiabVST then development will be at the speed of light away from the old BBW4 code.
There will still always be a Delphi Band In A Box for all those users that are comfortable and at home with it.