Quote:
I also submitted a request to hear a definitive PG Music ruling on a question someone else raised about "sound recording" rights as opposed to "copyright" in another thread.

You keep asking for that but it's unlikely to happen. You're asking attorneys to practice law in a Users forum.

The EULA is pretty clear on this and relevant passages have been quoted already.

Back to the OP. I'm pretty sure that there's something going on you aren't aware of and that's copyright trolls. There are companies and individuals slapping their names on everything and anything they can—everything from sample libraries to Apple Loops and beyond. The biggest offenders seem to be based in Brazil but it's not just there.

The goal is to monetize music they don't own. Here's how it works: When the bots pick up on something that they've "registered", you get a notice as do they. If YouTube, they'll try to place advertising based on these bogus claims — otherwise, they'll try to get you to pay a nominal license fee. No human interaction is involved. Because of some massive copyright suits in the EU, everyone is afraid.

The bots flagged your music and now you have to deal with it. The easiest way is to immediately explain that the tracks came from BIAB (or Apple Loops or…) and upload the appropriate ELUA. Do not explain or interpret it unless you are an attorney. The supposed claimants have a response period — YouTube and others give them 30 days; I don't know the situation here. After this period, you should be given the go ahead or reasons why someone thinks they have a valid claim.

I've lost count of the number of times this has happened to me, my friends and the churches for whom I currently work. I fight every one by uploading the correct licensing and/or copyright info and have yet to get a response disputing my claims. Lots of 30 day waiting periods, though.

Standard disclaimer: Though I have worked in music industry and IP legal departments, I am not an attorney and I am not practicing law. My views are my own and I do not represent anyone other than myself. Most especially, I do not speak for any present or former employers.

If you need legal advice, see a lawyer. User groups and online message boards are horrible places to seek legal advice.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5