<< My posts are about playing files direct from disk that Reaper does. >>

This remark will work.

<< The main problem with Utility tracks are they are wav and users wanted them to behave as regular BB tracks. I'm trying to get Reaper features in Biab so this can all happen thus the Reaper gifs. >>

I've heard that said. Why would that matter if true? A RealTrack must be rendered into an audio file (WAV, WMA, MP3, MP4) to be used in a DAW and the same is true for a RealTrack generated on a Utility Track and the same is true for Reaper. What's the significance to a user creating an audio file? On a Utility Track, the file has to be saved before a user can access that audio in any audio format. There's no difference to the user between recording live audio onto a Utility Track and generating a RealTrack. That's better than a regular legacy track which cannot contain audio unless it's been converted into an audio file (WAV, WMA, MP3, MP4). The same is true for a Utility Track. Although the WAV file is visible in the Audio Editor Window, the content isn't until that track is saved and a WAV file created. To a user, they're functionally identical as the end result.

In Reaper, aren't you going into the RealTracks folder and accessing the RealTrack audio, D:\bb\RealTracks\Acoustic Strumming Hank Sw 120\AcG011.WAV?
The 5 rendered tracks in your gif are WAV files as well as the comp track being a WAV file. I understand the direct file from disk access rather than BIAB going through RAM and the obvious speed difference but that's how the RealTrack audio is sourced in both Reaper and BIAB.

How does a regular BB track behave differently than a Utility Track that makes Utility Tracks a workaround rather than a feature? What do users want done differently?

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/31/21 05:36 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.