Originally Posted By: rharv
Originally Posted By: TheLoneRoger
Thanks for all your replies.

Much as I'm impressed with what BiaB does, and I accept that there's no real alternative, I must say the usability leaves something to be desired, imho!

I agree in the sense of a new(er) user.
However, for many of us, once you DO learn how it works, logical workflow 'improvements' become more complicated.
Kinda like Photoshop (and the rest of the Adobe Suite); for me it is a very confusing interface, and it took a while to learn (like BiaB).
But once you do learn it, you can do things other software doesn't.

Just had a thought
It would be cool if there was a 'Basic' interface and an 'Advanced' one .. but that requires development time (and testing) so less other features would be developed in a given timeline. And then updated every year.

We use a certain eCommerce platform for development, and the Admin area has a switch from Basic to Advanced. That is what made me think of this. The options are much more limited for Basic, but it gets you used to how things work. Then when you need more advanced features you simply turn on Advanced access. smile

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (115.83 KB, 93 downloads)
The modern interface is pretty basic and you can customize it.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home