<< When replying to the first post you said Biab can do this in the Util tracks.
But then when I say it creates wav files you say it doesn't and use the normal BB tracks as an example. >>

I chose to demonstrate using 5 BIAB generated tracks for comping for several reasons.

1. Regarding creating WAV files, it's not relevant where or how BIAB generates these 5 tracks because other than the single stereo render, no other file is required to be rendered and saved. One WAV file of the comped track, that's all that's necessary. The BIAB SGU file can be saved and will have all of the information necessary to retain and restore the Style, Chord Chart, Key, Tempo, and the RealTrack that was comped. If editing is needed, import the comped track, select the appropriate RT and regenerate the edit needed. So, regardless whether I use one Utility Track, 5 Legacy normal RealTracks, or all 23 of the total tracks available to create a comped track, the saved SGU can save and restore that scenario. It's what BIAB does. Although generating 5 Utility Tracks works, it's unnecessary and redundant. It's much faster and easier to create the comp track by selecting regions and generating the track in sections as explained in point 2.

2. The PG Music Utility Track introduction video I posted earlier in the thread demonstrates the process how a user can comp a track from scratch using a single Utility Track at the 3:40 mark. Just by highlighting any region and generating multiple versions of the region and selecting the best version, then repeat that process for selected regions until the end of the track.

3. Generating 3-5 tracks and exporting them into a DAW to comp a single track appears to be a common practice of users. Generating 5 tracks, exporting them to a DAW is mentioned by one poster in this thread. Your gif demonstration used 5 tracks. Generating 5 normal RealTracks seemed to be a demonstration users could easily relate to. My purpose is to demonstrate the BIAB capability to comp tracks within the program without the need of a DAW.

4. There's an excellent tutorial elsewhere in the forum of how to create a sax solo in BIAB and the narrator uses 5 tracks generated in BIAB, exported from BIAB into Cubase.

5. BIAB can generate 5 Utility Tracks and use them to comp into a single track and update the silent midi charts as well using normal Legacy tracks or Utility Tracks or a combination of the two. There's no necessity to create multiple WAV files.

<< See that's why I said just do it with the BBPlugin... >>
There will always be users that are more comfortable working in a DAW and depend on BIAB simply to generate tracks they can manipulate those WAV files in their DAW. RealBand, the BBPlugin and DAWs are integral to their song creation process. Your time isn't wasted and you help everyone with your efforts. Only you can decide if that's worth your time and effort.

While I appreciate your attempt to show how large a folder could be if a project uses all 16 Utility Tracks, it's off topic and a completely useless representation about generating a comp track from 5 RealTracks in BIAB because it's inaccurate regrading what's required.

To provide viewers an accurate and real life example graphic, I've attached a screen shot of the folder of a 96 bar song that's 3.26 in length adapted from a PG Music demo. The screen shot contains the SGU file and the single necessary WAV file rendered of the comped track that took only one Utility Track to do it. Comping this track in BIAB created a 36.7Mb WAV and a 38.7Kb SGU file.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
File Size.jpg (18.59 KB, 155 downloads)
Accurate view of 5 RealTracks comped by selecting regions and generating just those regions to piece together a single complete track.
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/02/21 10:02 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.