Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
There had been several request for partial bar selection freeze or bar to bar regeneration. I would prefer this route: select bars, right click-> freeze selected> choice of either freeze all tracks within those selected bars or individual tracks. See attached.

Rusty, this is a well thought out and generally great idea. However (you knew that was coming, right?), it is too complicated for PGM to implement and get stable. It adds a need to have an indicator for bars that are frozen separately from the overall track. It requires complex management of different bars of the track. I cannot even wrap my head around how complex this could be.

IMHO a much simpler method would be as follows,

1) allow me to select a bar or contiguous set of bars and regenerate just those bars
2) there is no step 2!

This changes one single thing...selective regeneration. It does not alter or affect the current frozen track management in any way. If the track is already frozen no regenerate can be done (just like current behavior). If the track is not frozen then the selected bars are regenerated but the rest of the track is not. As you correctly pointed out we need an option to choose which track should be regenerated but that is it. My proposal has no/low side effects.