Hi Torrey, J&B and Floyd,

Thanks for your comments and applause for the movie song.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hi Hans,

What a cool sounding track! I love how your vocal fits like a glove with that driving rhythm of the guitar and bass! You created a complex sounding tune that's got a SUPER groove to it! You put a lot of work into this and it shows! It is high quality music! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey, I just sent a post to you about your latest song 'Keep singing your song'. A minute later we're discussing mine. What a nice compliment you gave! Very nice, I must say. I had some work with it, because I began this song as a Blues on 90 bpm, less instruments an no singing girls around me, but also no lyrics. But it was too dull (I thought). Then I got the idea about me floating in a difficult situation and that made the tempo rised to 100 and finally to 110 bpm. And then I got the idea of that choir in a kind of African style singing in the chorusses. They had to sound loud, however opinions differ on that...
In that way you were right on mentioning that 'lot of work'. But I bet we all face these things, dont we?

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
If you don't mind could you list the movies that resulted in this? smile
We would like to make sure we don't watch them! But we will give them credit for inspiring a great song.
There is a lot of goodness here:

- The creative, cool and fun write
- Your fine vocal along with "The Ladies." No idea how that works but they sound excellent.
- The talkbox guitar was a fine addition...thought Joe Walsh had walked in on your session.
- And a mix that sets up a great soundstage on the monitors.

FUN!!!
Nice album cover too.
J&B

Hi Janice and Bud, I've thought about handing you that list of movies, but on second thought I don't do it, because it takes away your creativity to find them. You can become lazy and that is not what you want, do you? I give one title: 24 hours, not a movie, but a series with 10 seisons or something. Very bad, lots of adventure and the good guy always win...

Thans a lot for your compliments and what you wrote about the ladies. I have that software for about some years and wasn't able to get me a normal sound. They yelled in every direction. Horrible. But I managed to get the solist and the choir where I wanted them. And they didn't become angry! But you don't need them, Bud. You have Janice! Ok, I have my wife, but in singing skills there is a gap...

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
SO much to LOVE about this!
An excellent write. Imaginative. Very descriptive - like a MOVIE!! Both the lyric and the melody are super...

Killer instrument choices for an awesome sound. The opening guitar captures the ear. The added female vocal lifts it and then the drums nail it down. The guitars and piano lift it again. A stunning arrangement. Really nice use of stops (where just the drums play). The talkbox solo is inspired.

Great energy in your vocal. The first and last verses are really good. The higher parts in between have some "harshness" to them. They seem somewhat distorted - like they have too much of a saturation plugin (?) and could use some high EQ removed. They sort of "jump out of the mix". Would be nice if you could "warm them up".

This song is SO damn good!!

"Any help will come too late
Or, maybe...
I watched too many movies
today..."

Killer.
fj

Floyd, Thank very much for this rating! I've walked in the house for some days as if I was the big rooster! That's why you had to wait so long for this reply. Sitting wasn't easy for me with all those feathers...
And secondly, because I take your critics very serious, I had to adjust some eq and other stuff to get my voice within a nice bandwidth. You were right about that saturation. I forgot I used it on my vocals and there it was. You have very good ears!
I hope it's alright now.
Oh, about the movie list? See what I told bud and Janice. I think you'll understand...

Have a nice weekend with or without movies,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130