Here is another AABA form song that I wrote. I really do like this style. It's fun.

The song is an ode to Jacksonville, FL. I've only passed through Jacksonville twice in my life and I really know nothing about the city other than what I've read. My grandmother came from St. Augustine, which is in that general vicinity.

Here is a key to certain phrases, etc., used in the song:

Title and referenced in song:

JAX - the city is nicknamed JAX. The airport code is JAX.

Second verse:

"Strolling on a beach that's stretched for miles" - Jacksonville has the most shoreline of any other city in the U. S. They have lots of beaches and they stretch for miles.

Bridge:

"Duval" - Jacksonville is in (and makes up most of) Duval County. And "Duval" is another nickname for JAX.

Third verse:

"...the First Coast" - The five counties in Northeast Florida were the first colonized by Europeans. It is a marketing term that they came up with in the 1980s and it has stuck.

Now for the particulars:

I'm still using BIAB 2012 as I have some unfinished songs in there, although this one was not one of them. I was tired of trying to finish my old songs so I decided to write a completely new one - this one.

BIAB style - Bogey - Slow Swing Ballad

33 Acoustic String Bass
1 Acoustic Piano
41 Brush Kit
And I used "Pads," but I'm not sure if it is 50 Slow Strings or 12 Vibes

I recorded the vocals on my LG Android phone (in my basement this time, not my car). I transferred the file to my Mixcraft 5, where my BIAB files were also uploaded to. Everything was mixed in Mixcraft5. I usually try to play at least one instrument on my tracks but I just couldn't fit anything in so I butted out.

So, after all that, here is:

The JAX

I also did a video for the song. I removed the introduction from the video as most viewers (other than fellow BIAB form artists, perhaps) don't get past the first 30 seconds of a song in many cases, so I try to hit them with the meat of the composition as soon as I can.

Here is the video:

Thanks for any listens and comments.

The Jax

Goodbye New York
So long snow
I had to hop a plane
And just go
I surely lost my winter chill
Down in Jacksonville

I met happy people
With friendly smiles
Strolling on a beach