Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
happy wife happy life.

I am not familiar with either of those things being happy...

I thought I did, but I've been divorced for 7 years now, so perhaps I am not familiar with this either.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Originally Posted By: sslechta
...M$FT has been pushing their app stores hard in recent years and we'll probably see a stronger push on that with Win11.

Is that what this Windows 10 S-mode is about? I've got one picked out and ready to pick up when we can get out.

Yeah, S-Mode only allows apps to run if they came from the Microsoft Store. It's considered a "Security" feature, however it can be disabled. Depending on the machine you bought though, disabling it might cost money...

why the hey cant apple bring out products at this budget under 200 buck level.
i reckon apple are missing a huge market...not haveing a budget product like the chromebook.
i cant believe this cbook is so lightweight...

That's what their iPads are for - granted, not 200 bucks, but $329 is what I'd consider "budget" for Apple - less if you buy a refurb. They're less limited than Chromebooks I think, or perhaps more limited with no keyboard depending how you look at things.

btw , so far my new evo audient usb audio interface has given me no hassles. i still like the mic pre's for my vocs, and would suggest anyone in the market for a budget interface, rent one , and try/assess for yourself.

I'm considering one for my own mobile rig, but concerned with durability as I see this more as a desk unit. Think it'd survive multiple drops and being tossed around in a backpack for a few years?

I work here