Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
It partially depends on how "clean" the 50hz is for him. In some places I've seen AC as a nearly pure sine wave, and in others it's got all sorts of spikes and other nasties. Some of that noise can present itself way up into the khz range or even mhz range, which can cause all sorts of weirdness when that's being sampled at the regular audio sample rates.

Good points Simon, and definitely worthy of consideration. The area the Ray is in should be expected to have reasonable electricity supply. My brother lives not far away from there and has never experienced an issue. That is not to say that any external interference could be quite local to Ray, which is why I suggested a trial of the same gear at a different location. I understand that his gear apparently worked OK at his previous location.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones