Hi Ray, Janne, Misha and Marty,
Thanks for listening and commentiong on the song.
I appreciated it very much. And humour as well!

I received some tips on the eq and tried to solve that immediatly. But it turned out not to be that simple. It had something to do with the bg-vocals. And they already gave me some big problems with aligning them. There was an annoying delay. You probably heard them too. I couldn't solve it, not with vocalign or by hand. Turned out it had to do with my pre amp for the mikes...
I think the version I made some hours ago dealt with it (mostly). Any tips on that?
That's why I underlined 'humour'!

Originally Posted By: rayc
Very aggressive and a little funky.
The aggressive vocal does give an impression of the situation.
The fem vox were distracting in some places...usually when they were over the top of, rather than supporting your lead vocal.
Cool ending...well done Hans, well done.

Ray, I wrote you by email if you could explain 'aggressive' and which fem vocals you meant; the solo girl or the ladies. Well you explained it all to me. The most comforting part was that aggressive isn't bad when you are floating in the situation I sang about. So the last sentence became the most important; well done!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Creepy text, Deliverance meets Godfather.
Excellent interesting chord progression combining rock, blues and folk. Really great arrangement, excellent selection of instruments. Enjoyed the rhythm, variation between electric and acoustic guitars. lots of interesting changes, the ladies fit very well and so does the talkbox soloist. Your vocal blends nicely to the mix.

Don't stop watching movies, it seems to inspire you to be very creative smile Definitely one of your best works in all aspects.
Janne

Hi Janne, you Finish people must like creepy things, don't they? I also watch movies from Finland. You mostly make crime movies that involve forests and dark ponds. My story was nothing compared with them! When will you make a song on that?
And thanks for the nice words you used!

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hans,
Very cool tune you cooked! Interesting rhyming & lyrics + engaging delivery. Musical bed is great with many surprising elements. Solid mix. The only thing which somewhat creates a bit harsh tension for me is that ladies vocals compete with yours. Since they are more like background vocals I think they would be better if scaled a bit down in the mix and maybe more spacy rev/delay fx on them? Just an idea. Good one! Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Hi Misha, I feared you would write about the eq, the delayed bg-vocals and the annoying solo girl. To my relief it was 'only' the competition between me and the ladies in the chorusses. Several times I lowered their volume because I heard that competition too. There was one thing I wanted to stay: that choir was special, so has to be heard. See it as a kind of focus. I used two tracks of the Ladies on both sides of the spectrum. My vocals are strong enough to win the competition. Still, in my most recent version, some hours ago, I skipped one track and I did this as well for some instruments to give more space on the hertzes, so to say.
Let me know what you think. And thanks again for your nice words on the song!

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
If you don't mind could you list the movies that resulted in this? smile
We would like to make sure we don't watch them! But we will
give them credit for inspiring a great song.
J&B

Haha, that's great. Put me on that list. Cool concept, Hans, and well done giving it that twist of humor. At first I was thinking this guy should watch more comedy, but then realized you may need those kidnapping movies to balance out the natural humor. I'd much rather kidnap someone from Holland than James Bond...

Not sure I liked the ah-ah girl. She good, but she might do better in the horror category. The rest of the instrumentation, feel, changes and your convincing vocal are perfect. Five stars!!!!!

Hi Marty, I think it will stay a secret list! I only gave away one name. I wrote that as a reply to J&B.
And I wrote to you on SoundCloud I actually don't like comedies. There are very good ones, of course. But I do like it when humour plays a rol in a movie or in real live. I was a chairman in my working days (making songs is no work, my sons say) and mostly stressy things were at hand. I used jokes a lot then. When most people laugh it creates space for the stressy things. At least I noticed.
But I shure will make a list of all those stars I received from our forum. 5 from you already! Thanks.

I think this reply became huge. You don't have to read it all. Therefore I wrote your name in the first line and after your reply. Easy to skip all other stuff.
But thanks for listening and till the next song from one of us.

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130