I started to listen on the computer and hit stop. nope nope nope.... not doing this one on the computer speakers..... I pulled it up on my phone and used my buds. Very nice mix. Fat and full.

The definition of EAR CANDY.

This is one of my favorites from you in quite a while. Nicely written, good choice in the style, band is country rocking it. The harmony is full and not overwhelming and tastefully placed. Nicely done. The production chops are quite nice on the song. I like how the steel starts sneaking in low before the solo.

The guitar is properly edgy on the solo....It sounds like he lost some energy towards the end, the momentum of the groove decreased. But really creative to that point. (not a crit... just a guitar player's close observation) He didn't take me where I was expecting to go.
The only other crit, if you want to call it that is the guitar at the end.... should have stopped with the band when they held that last chord. It was distracting from the mellow place the song took me and where I was expecting to be left. Again.... just a personal thing.

All in all, this one is a good song that really does it for me. It's got the complete package.

I really like this one.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 09/19/21 04:29 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.