Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
<< In BIAB 2019 for Mac, you can't record your user track in BIAB itself; only the Windows version allows this. >>

Your 2019 Mac BIAB version should be able to record UserTracks. Mac BIAB has had audio recording capability since version 2015. I've attached a screen shot of the Mac 2019 Toolbar with the Record Audio Icon.

I tried that over and over. The input level on the Mac sound settings reacted to input, but inside BIAB -- NOTHING. The VU meter inside BIAB did not register anything, and when I tried to record, I got a file with no sound.

I don't think your picture of BIAB is even the Mac version; on my 2019 BIAB-for-Mac, you have to click the Audio tab and select "record audio".

Not only that, but the instruction that come with BIAB specifically state:

"2. Play and record your instrument. For Windows, you can record right in Band-in-a-Box on the audio track by pressing the "Record Audio" button (if you're using RealBand, you can record your audio on any unused audio track). You can also use any other DAW by dragging the backing tracks into the other DAW, and you can then do your recording there. For Mac, this is the only option, so for example you could drag the individual backing tracks into Garageband. "

Thanks,
Alan Shank