Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
As always, great write, beautifully crafted performance.

Your vocals always shine, can you share a bit of your technique?

moto

Thanks, moto! When you ask about vocal "technique" I'm not sure about what that might refer to - the technique of singing into a microphone? or the technique of processing the vocals (or the addition of harmonies and how they are processed and mixed in).

Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Floyd,

Sounds like a classic country song to me. You've managed to meld Glenn Frey and Mickey Gilley into this. Your usual polished mix with great vocals. Nice and easy listen!

Appreciate that, Bawb....

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Floyd,

This is an outstanding song.

I particularly enjoyed your vocals and also the harmonies - do you do these yourself?

I recognize the harmony notes from some of your other songs.

Lead break is tasty and I also like the way you drop some of the backing instruments at 3:12.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks, Nigel. The harmonies are a mix of sung and generated. I sang two of the high harmony tracks (thirds). The low harmony is generated using the harmony function in RealBand (the only thing I ever use RB for). The older version - Realband 2020...the Realband 2021 dropped the TC Helicon plugin for something else. I still need to test that more thoroughly. My first attempt, I liked the older version better. This song also includes a generated high harmony, too (I don't usually use those). They can get a bit robotic sounding. I made the mistake (on this one) of adding a Nectar preset. That amplifies that robotic sound. I don't usually add any processing to the generated harmonies, but I remixed this quickly before I posted it and while adding the Nectar (to my sung harmonies) I also included it on the generated ones....