Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Mike.
its sad good church people (or anyone for that matter) have to endure this bot trolling.
i guess the game is the automated bots throw up a million challenges, and hope a few people pay up.
am i correct ? is that the game ?
oddly enough as an ex cathedral choir boy , if i ever do some original worship songs its obvious i'll have to keep them off the net, in case some bot falsely targets me.

it must be a pain going through all this and of course the extra added work for you.
am i correct in thinking if someone decides to fight back via eula or other means, the bot moves on ?

best to you.
om

Thanks,

Yes it is sad but also a fact of life. I've helped a number of churches with it now. It's not hard but these extra steps are a time consuming PIA.

Ignoring it can cause one to lose a YouTube channel or pay a troll. Both are unacceptable, IMO.

Anyway, I'm certain that using a gong hit triggered something somewhere. Next time, filter or resample it.

On the rare occasion that someone's rights really are being stepped on, you remove your content or pay the legitimate sync license. That's doing the right thing, of course.

Best

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5