SONG TITLE : "PUNKCITY"(demo)
(a daft fast raw cockney punk song with real punk vocs not fake ones..indicateing where i was born...lmao)
ARTIST : moi..ALF-L..(a lad from london (c) 2018/19/20)
****BEFORE PLAYING THE SONG PLEASE NOTE.****

1. due to the variety of playback systems out there. watch your levels till comfortable with song.
2. feel free to critique the song. apologies if the listener hates the song.
the song was mixed for earbuds. sounds better on buds.. use them if possible for best effect of the guitars in each ear.
might have to boost volume depending on phones/earbuds used.
**i KNOW the song has flaws**. the rhythm gtrs each side particularly i could never get the sound picture
i heard in my head after many tries at it. ideally the song needs to be remixed by an ace mixdown//
mastering engineer. i'm more a songwriter who has picked up tricks in my travels in recording studios.
3. as per all my songs , i used the biab/rb/reaper combo to create this one.
(ive done about 90 original songs useing this combo over many years.)
4. people have asked me for more production details in past songs ive posted.
let me explain why i'm unable to do that, much as i like to share info.....
awhile back i had very serious surgery i wont bore people with, which i came through thankfully.
(i'm fit as a fiddle now and hope to stay that way.)
as a result (due to this darn world covid situation) my doctors want to protect me /the surgery success and have me isolate wiith just my wife. but all my darn song production details are backed up in other locations, which i cant get to right now. i only have final song stereo mixes here. so please understand.
5. i like to sing in many different vocal styles. this is what i call my "home vocal style".
ive also included in the song fun little clues to figure out (dont use google and cheat lol.)
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SONG>>>>>

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/punkcitycalf-l201920

STORY : aim of the song is to show a small slice of life in a certain part of london england. a part of my family heritage.
an area of london i was born and raised in for a time, while my parents were away doing good deeds in other countries.
its an area of london i know very very well and spent my formative years in till i left the uk to live in other countries early in life.

OBJECTIVE : i wanted a very raw fast punk song reflecting my birth heritage. it was a very very difficult song to do.
ton of work. ive got a lot of self doubt whether i did the idea justice from a production standpoint.
lots of challenges. but i enjoyed doing it. and i like cranking it in my earbuds. lol.
i'm hoping headbangers like it.

SALIENT DETAILS :
1. the "ding" at start is like the dings on the old red london buses (ie the bus conductor bell/ding ).
2. i'm doing the vocs. blame me. fwiw i also sing opera lol.
3. at 2m14 secs i wanted it to "pound away" headbanger style. i like it, hopefully others will too.
4. at 2m26secs a CHOIR starts up. this was a REALLY BIG CHALLENGE, as i had to sing all traks to sound like a combo of a school /church choir mixed in. ideally i would have liked to use a proper live choir.
5. the church bells were another challenge. i tried putting in more, but they drowned out the song.
so i left it simple as at 2m55secs for example.
does the reader know what "born within the sound of bow bells" means ? lol.
6. i should explain the repeated bashed metal type sound that carries on from the 3min mark to song end.
this is once again linked to heritage/london history.
ie. the football (or in usa soccer) team i support started off as ironworkers in the 1800's. so the metal sound is a big homage to those ironworkers.
and the teams soccer uniform reflects this heritage.
their football ground (moved in the last few years.) is in this area of london typified by the vocs.
lets see if you can figure out my soccer team from the clues in the song, and where i'm from originally. lol.
7. in the wind down to end of song, do you know what a "corker" is ? or a "roller" ? or earlier in the song what
a "toff" is ?.
9. per the outtro, i also wanted some humour in the lyrics. yes the song is what is called a "wind up" where i come from.
what is a "wind up" ?...lol.

in conclusion, its one of those songs i just had to get out of my system. warts and all...in some respects a very
personal song i'm shareing and its an area of london very dear to my heart, as several members of my family
(and friends) lived there for many years. truly wonderfull people who helped many people in their day.
frankly , often tears came to my eyes doing the song, because i really really miss them all.
but they all lived very good long lives.
i'll leave it up for a week or two for people to comment.
above all, everyone have a great year. whether you like it or hate it.
best.
oldmuso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/17/21 03:06 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)