And since there was confusion about it being visual monitors or audio monitors, that opens up the door for this aside comment about audio.

My "speakers" here in the computer room are KRK Rokit 5 monitors. They sound great and all, but there was a time when they would just quit working. I'd sit down to use the computer and had no sound. I bought a new interface, leaping to the conclusion that the interface was the issue. At first that seemed to fix it. Soon it happened again. Again, researching Windows sound issues, Focusrite interface issues, M-Audio interface issues (the new one was an M-Audio). Pulling hair out.

Then I realized that I never looked at it from the side of the speakers. KRK monitors have a shut off after 20 minutes of input of less than 95db.I found a little utility that sends a 96db signal to them and wakes them up. Yes, I COULD just crank the volume on the interface so it gets more than 95db of input, but no no no. That is not the way of the persistent gear-buying music and techie nerd! That new interface was an M-Audio M-Track 2x2M. It was nice, worked well, and was pretty on the desk, but because I have a Focusrite 2i4 upstairs in the main music room I wanted the same one down here where I scratchpad stuff. So I now have that 2x2M and a Fast Trak Pro sitting here unused. If I ever find myself needing an interface for live play where I need virtual instruments I have those interfaces at the ready. Pipeline hooked me up with a script that allows me to load different instruments onto individual tracks and use arrow keys to scroll up and down to select the track with the virtual instrument I'd need. That situation hasn't come up yet, but I know that base is covered if it ever does. I think it would be cool as anything to play with just a controller and a laptop. Come out of the interface into my wireless IEM. also fed by the stage monitor system, and have almost no gear on stage. No amp, no wedge... Just a double keyboard stand with the controller on the bottom and a shelf with the laptop, my mixer to send sound to the FOH, and my IEM system on it.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.