Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
I've been wanting a Variax for quite a long time, not so much for live performance, but for the infinite sonic possibilities with studio recordings.

This guy pushes the Variax technology to the limits, and I believe he's been awarded with a world record of tuning changes in one song! Even if you're not a fan of this style of music, I think this demo will show you just how much is possible.

I think the beauty of the Helix and the Variax is using the pedal, switching tones and switching guitars and tuning with every button. You can have set lists all made up with every sound imaginable all controlled by the pedal board, so you never have to change guitars, or amp settings etc. you can assign the volume pedal to anything for each patch, you can add 2 more volume pedals (or controllers really) and assign each one to something you want to vary (delay, volume, distortion, chorus, flange, phase, you name it) Each patch on the Helix can have an assigned Variax model and custom controllable aspects.

Very intuitive and quite easy to do either on the Helix with controls there or using their software to make the patches and save them to the unit.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.