Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Come on down Simon. I have a 200-watt metal amp from hell I custom-built just for you to play through. But better bring a helper because the Mercury Magnetics transformers tip the scale at around forty pounds.

Oh, and just in case you don't like the Ferrari you can take the Countach for a spin...lol

Billy

200-watt amp? Maybe I should bring a crane! My back has trouble with my 50-watt amps already! I'd like to hear and see it though - post some pics/videos!

I have long lusted for the original Countach, and that one is particularly gorgeous.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
My first car ever was a 1969 Z-28 Camaro. I paid $3839.50 for it.

Mine was a 1986 Subaru GL, the fastback style one. Slick looking for it's time, but considering it's 70-odd horsepower it was about as fast as an octogenarian with ankle weights.

Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
The closest thing I had to a Ferrari was a Fiat 128 Spider.
When I went from carrying two saxophones and a flute to the gig, to carrying a complete PA to the gig, I had to get something bigger.

Closest for me was my 1999 Cougar. Nice compact and speedy car, but tons of trunk space since it was a liftback. I very nearly bought a Honda Del Sol before this, but turned it down for it's postage-stamp sized trunk - it would've had difficulty with one average size guitar amp...

Originally Posted By: etcjoe
I am with Notes on this one. The only songs I don't like to play are the songs that the listener doesn't want to hear. I have played all kinds of music over the years for anyone that would listen.

Bringing it back to the music discussion! I personally find it more fun to have an audience that enjoys what I do. My main audience these days is my 8-month-old nephew, who seems to enjoy literally anything I play on an acoustic guitar - gotta love an enthusiastic listener!

I work here