Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Another beauty, great use of BIAB, thoroughly enjoyed several listens

Thanks, TM....

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Root and fifth bass, major sevenths in the verse, catchy chorus with strong harmonies, well sung - all excellent.

But... I found that shaken tambourine on the chorus really distracting. At least, I think it's a tambourine. I switched over from my speakers to my headphones just to make sure there wasn't something rattling in the system.

200+ songs and still going strong! smile

Thanks for the listen and comments, David!! There isn't a tambourine in the mix at all, so I imagine what you are hearing is the (very loose) open hi-hat. I'm not a fan of that sound myself (and often complain about it in other people's mixes). The drums are a stereo mixed drum track (from Drums On Demand, I think...I have so many lying around, it's hard to keep track of where things come from at times). There is also a ride cymbal that I am not fond of in it. And when I re-mix (right before posting) I got that track a little too "hot" (with an EQ plugin) - keying more on the snare sound, neglecting the sharpness of the cymbals/hi-hats (and, these ears aren't getting any younger, so I may be making more mistakes these days).

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I could listen to you sing till the cows come home . . . and Bud said that would be okay, but first we need to buy some cows. wink

As always, you've got an excellent band to go along with your excellent vocals and the sweet lyric (Janice's lyric description) and fine mix.

A bit of the blast from the past but what's wrong with that?
Nothing in our book.

Production wise your high bar retains it's highness!

J&B

Thanks, y'all!! Moo!!!!!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Good title and nice friend-to-friend advice built around it.
Great pop intro with very good drum groove, bit Eagles there. Nice chord progression, especially in the verses. The solo fits very well. Good vocals as always.

Janne

Thanks, Janne...