Ezekiel, Nigel, rayc, Noel, James, Marty, Bob, Torrey, Janne, Tune, Floyd, Gary, Kap’n, J&B, Bawb, om, Peter and Misha:

Thanks all for kind feedback. Glad it seemed most folks enjoyed the listen. Really appreciate your taking the time to give it a spin and to comment. A few notes on the comments below:

rayc: I kept going back on forth on the mix on my guitar parts—think maybe a bit of self-consciousness had me dialing it back—but I agree the volume can come up a tad before that second verse. I’ll make that change. As for the drums, I’ll say if there’s any degree of dissatisfaction with BIAB, for me, it’s the drums. I can never get them go pop, no matter how much I EQ, compress, or otherwise. I’m very jealous of many on this board whose drums resonate magnetically.

Janne: Well, the piano is there but sits for the most part behind the mix panned far right. Where it’s most prominent is just after the last line of the bridge “. . . across the void”. What I really wanted to do is quiet everything down and just have that piano playing . . . but I just couldn’t get it to click the way I wanted to. A better production artist could have brought it to fruition . . . but I fell short there.

Tunemonger: I’m not sure how well the final mix is . . . but those BGVs for me were the most fun part of recording this. Glad you enjoyed!

justanoldmuso: Interestingly enough, given your similar comments on my last couple of songs, I actually did double the vocal here—from start to finish. But I did it using the Waves Double Plug-in. I didn’t like the contrast of not using if for the verse, and using only for the choruses, so I used it consistently throughout. Your comment continues to intrigue me, and wonder whether doing a second layered vocal might add more. Lastly, I worried the BGVs at the end were too busy—still not convinced they mesh, but glad you enjoyed.

My thanks to all of you--stay safe, stay well!

Deej