Well, I don't have any personal stakes in this suggestion, it's just what I would have wished to find somewhere in the menues as a new user and what might help other new users (and even more: people who are quite new to making music in general) in the future: A Dialog Window for creating a Simple Songform in order to get started smoothly for the first weeks in BiaB - no Codas etc., no "Minus 1"-Count-Ins, and no weird Ending-Settings.

A short explanation of the picture below, although the most components should be quite self-explanatory:

• The user begins with a start setup - e.g. BiaB offers 10 Start-Setups to choose from, like Intro-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Ending, Intro-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Prechorus-Chorus-Ending, Intro-Verse-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Ending, etc.; from there the user can then customize to a certain degree in the bottom area of the window
  • The Minus-symbol deletes the according section
  • The Plus-Arrow-Up-Button adds a further section right above the according section
  • The Plus-Arrow-Down-Button adds a further section right below the according section
  • The Arrow-Up-Button moves the acccording section in front of the section that is currently right above
  • The Arrow-Down-Button moves the acccording section behind the section that is currently right underneath
  • The user can define the length of all sections
  • The Intro-Section and the Outro-Section can't be deleted or moved in the dialog-window, but they can be set to zero bars, so that they would then not appear in the resulting songform
  • The dialog-window also allows to go back a couple of steps, which might be helpful if the user deletes a section by accident or the like.
  • The dialog-window also allows to restore a couple of steps that the user had rewinded before
  • If the user wants more options like Codas and so on, he has to use the Regular Songform-Options.
  • The "Type-in-Custom-Name-for-this-Section"-fields could be completely left out of the dialogue-window, if the programmer's goal is to make the window as slim as possible at all
  • In regard to a strictly modular approach which could surround a Simple Songform Creator as suggested here, you might also like to check out this thread: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=676320

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Simple Songform Creator.PNG (37.4 KB, 168 downloads)
Last edited by MoveToGroove; 10/07/21 02:05 PM.

BiaB Pro 2022; Windows 10
Bass: Intermediate; Piano: Beginner
I came to this forum in order to suggest feature improvements for non-professional musicians like myself that use BiaB mainly as a playalong tool and as a learning tool