Originally Posted By: nzpaul
I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question smile

I've noticed that if I create a new song and set the tempo, when I pick a style in the style picker and ok it, it changes the songs tempo to be the new style tempo.

Is there a way of stopping this as I don't want the tempo of the song to change?

I noticed also that if I load BIAB projects from older versions it doesn't happen - the tempo stays the same when I load a different style!

Firstly, there aren't stupid questions here. Maybe some silly answers though crazy

Presumably you are choosing a RealTracks Style. These styles are real performances by real artists, and the styles are based on the tempo that the recording was performed at. The tempo can be changed, but not extensively without introducing undesirable artifacts into the audio.

If you select a style, it will associate the original tempo that the style was recorded at so as not to introduce audible distortion (artifacts) into your song. Instead, consider choosing a style that includes a tempo filter that more closely matches your song tempo and I think this will work better for you.

Hope this helps.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones