Originally Posted By: truepack
I installed 6.1.12 driver on windows 10 home. Well, it works, BUT not properly - there are only 2 outputs detected, 1 and 2; outputs 3-4 are not detected and not indicated by any DAW. I'm using (fl studio, ableton, vegas). Is there any solution for this bug?

If you're only powering the Fast Track Ultra from the USB cable, that's how it works. To get full functionality, you must power it from a 5V DC 2Amp power adapter. It says right in the manual on page 5: "NOTE: Due to the limitations of the USB bus, powering Fast Track Ultra via the USB bus will limit its functionality to 4 input/4 output operation using analog inputs and outputs 1/2 and the S/PDIF I/O."

The last driver for Windows I see posted on the Avid website right now is 6.1.10. I just bought a used Fast Track Ultra and hooked it up to a very modern Dell Latitude 7400 laptop running 64-bit Windows 10 Professional. It has never had any other operating system installed on it, so it was never upgraded from Windows 7 or other previous OS, and never had Fast Track Ultra drivers installed on it previously.

I opened properties on the driver installer and ticked the checkbox to "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8" and clicked Apply.

Then I right clicked the installer and selected "Run as administrator."

The drivers installed and the device showed up in Microsoft Teams and ran perfectly.

If this doesn't convince anyone that the device will work fine in the current build 21H1, 19043.1165 of Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, then just send me your gear.