Hi David, good post! I thought at one point the Songwriting forum was kind of the place to put Composition stuff but I don't recall what the results of that debate/debacle were. Thanks for providing the info from Holistic. It was very good and tips like turn the volume down on an instrument just before the chorus to make it sound brighter/stronger in the chorus were good tips.

I tend to lay my stuff out in BIAB in the Chord Sheet view so I can indicate the separate verse/chord sections by "A" and "B" and so on. Once I bring it on over to PT, I get more detailed on the sections, like Verse1, Chorus1, Solo, etc. So yes, getting those sections put together and defined well make it MUCH easier to mix and edit.

To make things easier from one project to another for me, I tend to just rename my project in both BIAB/PT to a new one and strip the files out. That way the frame or skeleton of the templates are still there.

I would love to see how other folks template out their projects.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled2.jpg (345.21 KB, 179 downloads)
Untitled1.jpg (323.86 KB, 178 downloads)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory