David, I am not a pro! I am a scatter brained guitarist and I have a number of different workflows in BiaB, Realband, and Studio One Pro. I should note that I work almost exclusively in MIDI.

1- songs with vocals. The lyrics are first, then the chord progression. I put the chord progression in BiaB then I pick a style; many times this is the hardest but the most fun part. Most all of the time I will go directly from BiaB to Studio One Pro. On rare occasion I will go from BiaB to RealBand, especially if the time signature is something other than n/4 than into Studio One Pro.

2- songs with a melody. If I have a melody in mind my process is similar to #1. The main difference is that I most often have a style type in my mind already.

3- songs based on a sound. If I have a sound that I want to have for the melody I will pick a style, then add a chord progression, transfer the tracks to my DAW, then figure out a lead utilizing said sound.

4- songs based on a chord progression. Sometimes I will mess around on my guitar or keyboard and come up with a chord progression. That progression goes into BiaB. I then pick a style, transfer the tracks to my DAW, and work on a lead.

I should add that on #2-#4 I may go from BiaB to RB if the time signature is something other than n/4. RB Pros has said that RB can export songs in their native time signature; I haven't fully investigated that yet.

I should add that on occasion I will use a RealTrack as is but most of the time I will convert said track to MIDI.

I also label parts of the song in BiaB,i.e. V for verse, C for chorus, etc.

I think that covers everything. Feel free to comment. YMMV

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware