Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey thanks Charlie.

I guess I will watch the video and it will explain the steps and what you are using inside audio editor and how.

Thanks again.

David, it takes longer to explain it than to do it. Thus the video. Plus, there are multiple ways to do it according to the producers wants and needs on a project. The video is just over 4 minutes and I demonstrate two methods.

But in short, the two methods in the video is to either copy/paste a bar with a bad squeak with a bar from elsewhere in the song. Essentially, the same as doing a punch in recording. The second method is to actually punch in record. To do that, regenerate the offending bar using either the Audio Track or any Utility Track. It literally takes less than a minute to do either. The producer has the option to do multiple generations the same as if a session musician attempted multiple punch in's.

Doing the repair in BIAB's Audio Editor has many benefits. I'm sure you're aware of using Multi riffs in RealBand and when the seven riffs are generated, the menu gives you the option to have the riff start a few ticks early and continue a few ticks later. Well, the BIAB algorithm also seems to use this feature when it cross fades the cut in and cut out of the replacement audio. This is part of the creation of what PG Music has always called 'smooth transitions'. In other words, BIAB makes sure that at Punch in is seamless and works. I have seen this in the past and demonstrated to some other forum members since the addition of Utility Tracks, we can now see the actual WAV form and can observe the small area of changes in the Wave form sometimes during editing. You can see it more often if you change the actual chord to another chord. For instance, as a test, replace an F chord with a Dm chord and you're more likely to observe WAV form changes at the beginning and end of a bar.

Compare the two WAV forms in the earlier post. Even though I copy/pasted an existing chord, BIAB made audio changes beyond the Bar beginning and ending points while creating the 'smooth transition'...

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.