Originally Posted By: David Snyder
I usually laugh out loud when I read these type of posts and I wonder if it is just me.

To me RealBand serves as very useful purpose as a TOOL. Let me explain where I think it fits.

1.) RealBand will generate, ugh, Real Tracks. Last time I checked, Reaper and Cakewalk and Studio One do not do that. (I like the BIAB VST but I don't use it that much. It is cleaner for me to work in RealBand until my tracks are ready.)

2.) Real Band will open a BIAB file. Last time I checked, aforementioned DAWs will not.

3.) My workflow (if I use Real tracks) is normally this: BIAB basic file, open it up in RB, add extra tracks if I want, export .wavs, then import into Cakewalk.

4.) I LOVE recording audio in RB because it is so easy to edit, copy, paste, manipulate. Way easier than Cakewalk, to me. It records great audio. I MIX in Cakewalk. I RECORD in RB.

5.) Audio Chord Wizard works great for me in RB. The other day I recorded a pretty complicated Flamenco original in RB.

Then I turned on ACW and let it rip. It was pretty accurate. If you are analyze something you RECORD there at tempo it seems to be super accurate. But FIXES on the fly were super easy as I listened to the track and corrected a bar here and there in just seconds.

THEN I chose a backing Flamenco style. It synced up perfectly. Song is ready to mix.

I challenge anyone to try this in Pro Tools.

smile

So, I see everything as just another tool. Good old Real Band will generate tracks and midi charts for those tracks for you. What's not to love???

smile

I'm with you on 1,2,3.

4 & 5... not so much.

I've used Sonar so long that it's second nature to record anything in it. Regarding ACW..... it's amazing what that thing does. However, it's not foolproof. Ive had a few projects that were easier to simply type in the chords myself.

For making my backing tracks on the songs I write and having them sound professional and not midi/mechanical, nothing beats using RB to generate those tracks. NOTHING.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 10/14/21 05:44 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.