Hey Matt,

thanks for the infos in regard to editing a posting (makes sense) and in regard to the views in BiaB (that might explain some potential misunderstandings in communication).

In regard to chord entering: Sure, you can also learn from that. But often you don't think about that much when you do it, and you can for sure also learn about typical progressions while sitting at the instrument, if you want. Plus you first have to obtain the sources, which is also time consuming. All in all, I unfortunately spend much more time with such things than just with playing something.

However, I think that you should do those things - from time to time. It's a bit like making transcriptions: This is very important for ear training and many other aspects of learning music, but nobody has the time to transcribe each song that he plays by himself.

BiaB Pro 2022; Windows 10
Bass: Intermediate; Piano: Beginner
I came to this forum in order to suggest feature improvements for non-professional musicians like myself that use BiaB mainly as a playalong tool and as a learning tool