In my case I wanted to do a complete clean install since it's been 5 years since I reimaged my laptop. The instructions at Tom's Hardware offer both upgrade and clean install of Windows 11.

1) Download latest WhyNotWin11: WhyNotWin11 Download - They now have a new version of it that is more relaxed on TPM rules.
Thanks Matt Finley. His post: Rumors about a new version of Windows
2) Ran WhyNotWin11 and I had all RED items on Boot Method, Disk Partition Type, & Secure Boot. Followed steps I wrote on MBR, BIOS here: Rumors about a new version of Windows
3) Only had CPU Compatibility issue left in RED. My laptop CPU has not been supported since Windows 10 was released and it works fine for me. My CPU: Intel Core i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz. Tom's says a lot of Core i7s have been left off compatibility list for some reason even though they work fine.
4) Backup all needed laptop data to external and PC drives.
5) Prepped ISO, Tom's Hardware: How to Download a Windows 11 ISO File and Do a Clean Install - Go to the "Download a Windows 11 ISO That Bypasses TPM" section.
6) Follow additional instructions at Tom's for creating the bootable USB stick for the ISO. 8 Gig Drive Minimum, same link above.
7) Insert USB drive and boot to it to begin installation.
8) Choose basic options you normally do on a Windows install.
9) Install Classic Shell for the old Start button controls. Classic Shell Start Menu Button

I'll be in the process of building the laptop in the coming days as just the basic install is done now..... I still have lots of apps to install, especially music ones.....

P.S. - It did let me install Windows 11 without a Microsoft account. Although it kept reminding me to add one, it didn't force the issue. I've seen various reviews saying this is the first version of Windows that takes that option away. Not true. On the sign in to Microsoft account during installation, choose sign-in options, then "Offline Account". It will ask you to choose security questions to store locally in case of password issues.

P.S.II - I was also able to set up the laptop to auto login as I had on older Windows versions too. I'm old school and just want to turn on the computer and let it boot. I don't want no stinkin' password prompt! smile

If anyone has any questions or things to try in Windows 11, let me know. I'm on BIAB/RB 2020, so that's the only forum related software I'll be able to test once I install it.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory