My question is does PG Development have to stay in the past because of older users with older hardware, can there be new and old ?
The idea that the Biab VST Plugin has to be held back from new users in a professional studio enviroment in case older users want to use it in PowerTracks only is ludicrous.

I'm tired of setting the DeLorean back 20 years to come here and be thought of a crazy man with crazy ideas.
I put so many ideas forward here but it seems like PG is worried about old users on old hardware, YET the hardware needed to run Biab is stated:
Quote:
Band-in-a-Box runs on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 or 64-bit) and require at least a 1.0 GHz processor (2GHz+ multicore recommended). Basic MIDI features require a less powerful computer than the latest RealTracks features. For best performance, we recommend a fairly up-to-date computer with Windows 7 or higher, a fast processor, and at least 2GB RAM
but Reaper will still run on XP
Quote:
REAPER supports all Windows versions from Windows XP to Windows 10.
this is XP playing RealTracks/Drums Direct from USB 2.0 hard drive generated up INSTANTLY and any section regenerated, that PG is scared to do because of older users with PowerTracks:

The editing in Biab and RealBand is still destructive editing out of the 90's whereas most DAW's now user NON Destructive editing so you aren't creating new wav files all the time filling up the hard drive.

The BiabVST Plugin needs to call on bbw4 running in the background to generate up the chosen RT/RD source file sections then write them together into RAM then render them down to a wav file on the hard drive, this is why there is so much time waiting !
If it can't all be done in the actual BiabVST dll at the moment this way here will work to give Instant Gen and Play rather that the long wait of selecting parts, generating to RAM, rendering to more WAV's, JUST PLAY THEM DIRECT:

This is EnergyXY 1.4 32bit VSTi 2005 in Reaper playing all the RealTracks/Drums random sections the same way the BiabVST Plugin could work:

There is a whole new world, GET INTO IT PG I can't fit you all in my DeLorean!