Originally Posted By: Teunis
The advantages of using Spectral Editing is one can get shy of any noise within a sound. Be it high or low or even somewhere in the middle. Say someone singing accidentally bumps the mic stand. The bump is in the middle of a really nice note. Using Spectral Editing one can get shy or create a reduction of the bump causing minimal damage to the note.

It is not always possible or desirable to chop up an entire piece to get shy of unwanted noise. As for squeaks the really nice thing by using Spectral Editing it is very possible to edit the overbearing noise to something that sounds way more normal.

Just a thought

Tony

You and Herb both make good points to the advantages of external DAW's and software Plugin solutions to fixing unwanted noise in tracks. At the same time, both of you illustrate to me why using the Audio Editor in BIAB is the best solution over every other option presented in this discussion. Various software solutions mentioned have been Melodyne, TDR-Nova, Spectral Editing, a de-esser with the Izotope RX "de-clicker and Spectro.

But the disadvantage to all of these methods became apparent to me when the analogy came to my mind between creating BIAB tracks in comparison to a live studio recording session where Plugins and DAWs are king. The disadvantage is none of the methods are correcting the problem at the source recording. Each of these methods are 'fixing it in the mix' like a recording engineer would be forced to do in a studio recording session because the session player has recorded their part and left the building. Best practice in recording is to get it right at the source. Correct it at the source and while your session artist is on the clock. BIAB can do this in the Audio Editor.

BIAB can punch in/overdub/regenerate glitches at the source before a track is ever sent out to a DAW to be used in a recording. Using the BIAB Audio Editor provides a pristine recorded audio RealTrack and none of the plugins or DAWs will have to be used to fix the track "in the mix" like a live recording session after the recorded track has been made and the session artist gone.

As important as having a clean and clear recorded audio track is BIAB's capability of creating smooth transitions that not only make seamless cross-fades. Every cross fade may have a small bit to both the preceding audio and the following audio of the inserted audio clip modified by the BIAB algorithm to blend the inserted audio to the entire track. This ability is confirmed by observing Multi Riffs can be instructed to begin a little early and end a little late. This is done by BIAB and is included automatically in the Audio Editor.

In other words, BIAB's artificial intelligence is creating a complex, professional quality arrangement from the insert in addition to simply inserting the audio clip.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/15/21 02:39 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.