oldmuso,

I have thousands of midi files, each with one riff/lick only. When I practice one of these riffs and then want to go to the next, I have to close the current file, reopen the next file and then play that next riff.
But it turned out, that I don't like to do that all the time, so I very often stop practicing after a few minutes. Also, I want to loop two consecutive riffs, either for comparising reasons or for "drill" reasons.

Some examples:
The same montuno in 3-2 clave (= Riff from Midi A) and in 2-3 clave (= Riff from Midi B) and again in 3-2 clave and so on; I only can loop both seemlessly if they are in the same midi.
Or: I want to practice the same blues bassline in all 12 keys (all obtained in seperate midis)

So I merge those files, sometimes by key, other times by other criteria, whatever I find useful for specific riffs. This makes a huge difference for how quick I progress in a practicing session.

BiaB Pro 2022; Windows 10
Bass: Intermediate; Piano: Beginner
I came to this forum in order to suggest feature improvements for non-professional musicians like myself that use BiaB mainly as a playalong tool and as a learning tool