Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
2:
I think the only way to increase the time is to change the tempo on that bar. You can do this with the <F5> bar settings command, but it will work on the entire bar.

It's also possible to add an extra bar or bars between the Bbm and the next F chord. These bars can stay at the same tempo. I personally prefer this approach as it maintains the best tempo stretching possible. Sometimes slowing down a bar can create audio artifacts with tempo stretching. Since the "slow tempo" approach is the easiest, it's definitely worth trying first.

If adding a bar is required... To calculate how many beats in total you need, divide the tempo by 60 and then multiply the answer by 1.5 For example, let's say the song has a tempo of 80 bpm (beats per minute). This is 80÷60 = 1.333 beats per second. Therefore 1.5 seconds = 1.333 x 1.5 = 2 beats.

In other words, if the tempo of your song is 80 bpm and you add a bar between the Bbm and F that has 2 beats (using F5, bar settings), you will create a 1.5 second hold. Do not put chords in this bar and keep its tempo the same as the song's tempo. You will need to set the bar that contains F to 4 beats using bar settings (F5).

This works because the three dots/periods that Videotrack mentioned work across consecutive bars provided no chord is entered.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024