Hi, Shigeki.

That's a very nice song, and a great arrangement! smile

I listened to the live version first. They are both very good, but I think the live one is better.

Perhaps the biggest issue I have with the BiaB version is that the echo of the keyboard doesn't feel like it's at the same tempo as the song, so it feels like it's working against that song.

I've got two minor "complaints", and I'm being super-picky here.

First, the strings sound great, but a bit too smooth. The string runs really help change things up, but I still think adding articulations such as some trills on the intro - like at 0:13 or 0:19 on the held notes - would help. The string samples are good, but when they hold static chords at those points, they sound a bit fake.

It's fine where the vocal is in the foreground, because no one should be paying attention to the strings at that point anyway. laugh

The string slides/legatos at 2:05 are good, but they repeat and draw attention to themselves. I think that calla a bit too much attention to the articulation.

The string part at 2:14 - 2:20 is the only part where it feels like the strings are a bit lost - they aren't really supporting the lyric.

Everywhere else - really nice string writing.

On the very last note the strings play feel, it feels like they come in a moment too soon, and a bit too loud and lush. I'd expect a thinner sound on the last note, a very delicate harmonic. The fade aounds more like a fader than the strings fading out.

On the held notes, the horns sound a bit synthetic. It would be nice if there was a bit of an arc on the held notes, so they sounded a bit more alive. I know you're got them in the background, and they aren't supposed to stick out. And it's probably just the way I like to hear the horns, with a little more bite.

By the way, Orchestral Tools has a nice "Majestic Horn" available for only € 2. I'm not suggesting that it's better than the one you used, but it's a pretty nice. There's a version available for Kontact, but you have to look carefully, because it's in small print.

Anyway, I'm being really picky here. You did a great job with the instrumentation, I'm really impressed! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?