Hello guys!! Nice to meet you all.

I'm a guitar student and I just bought the UltraPak version of BIAB as this program is great tool for creating backing tracks, getting some new chords progressions/solos ideas ideas or just to create some random music.

And is regarding all of this that I have a very basic question about the melodist function. I watched and read almost all the tutorials but I still have no idea of how to use it properly.

What I'm trying to do is basically, pick a style (for example for the sake of this post a "celtic" style) and then use the melodist function to create chords progressions for all the instruments and probably a solo using a different instrument that is not part of the original style (like a guitar or piano that I can then learn and play along)

SO what I'm currently doing (not not working hahaha) is after selecting the style in the style selector, I go "melodist" and create everything (chords, solo, intro, etc), and as I don't completely understand all the options I just select one of the styles in the list disabling the Allow style change option (because if I select that option is going to override the "celtic" style, no?)

So my question is, after creating the melody/solo is there any way to use a realtrack and / or a different instrument using that created MIDI track?? I've been trying to change the instrument used by default in the melodist solo (besides the ones that you can change in the melodist window) but 1 of 2 things happen. 1) The track it not played with the new realtrack/midi (no sound) or 2) Everything is overwrite by the new instrument.

Same thing for the solo, if I try to use a different instrument/Realtrack I'm getting no sound and If I try to select a soloists (for electric guitar for example) it creates a whole new solo for the whole song and not where the original solo was created with the melodist function.

I'm so confused frown frown frown frown Can anyone give some advise/or the proper wrkflow to achieve what I want to do??

(English is my second language so, sorry if something is not completely clear)

Thanks!

Band-in-a-Box UltraPAK 2021
Build:
Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12 core, @3,80GHz), 32 GB RAM DDR4.