Dear Ms. Janice, Bud, & Peter...

I watched the video three times while listening closely to the lyrics, so I could understand what the song is about. With that said, I think 'Hometown Refugee' is one of the most tragic songs I've ever heard on the User's Forum. That's not a critique, only a testimonial to the lyricist's success in communicating the mood and tone he/she seemed to want to express to the listeners.

The black & white cinematography was so sharply black & white that the shades of gray in the images almost came across as colors! An intriguing effect, even if you didn't intend to achieve it.

Ms. Janice, your solitary physical presence, wandering aimlessly through the uninhabited landscape with your downcast eyes and your troubled facial expression, added dramatic weight to your heart-broken delivery of the seemingly hopeless-sounding lyrics.

Peter, at this stage of my familiarity with your performing talents, I experienced a sudden insight that you, sir, are the true instrument! The guitars you play 'know' you and your touch so well that they can't help but translate what you're feeling in the most direct and emotionally expressive way possible.

Bud, the whole package sounds and looks like the work of a person who knows what he wants, and gets it right. As a team of artists, all of you combine and share your gifts so completely that it makes each one of your productions as distinctive and accomplished as each of you obviously are.

If I was wearing a hat, I'd tip it toward you, but I'm not, so I'll just pretend I am and tip it, anyway laugh.

P.S. I thought the percussion track (bongos, perhaps?) was a good addition to the instrument set. It simply added another musical color to the production, and perhaps brightened the feel of it, too, like a heart that still beats with life even though the owner of it wishes that it didn't.

Last edited by bluage; 10/24/21 04:41 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".