This is my first post in the User Show Case. This song was made using BIAB.

OPEN DOOR

Key C
Tempo: 75 bpm
Hybrid Style:
Bass: ~2428:Bass, Acoustic, Bowed, Held Ev 085
Cello: 1856:Cello, Backbround, PopCountry Ev 085
Drums: RealDrums=DrivingPop8th^03-a:Kick, b:Open Hat, Snare
Bass 2: 908: Bass, Electric, SmoothBallad Ev 16 065

I recorded the rhythm and lead guitars and sing the vocals, while BIAB does all the rest. The lead guitar has a harmonic tremolo effect and very heavy reverb, that I guess might sound a little like slide or steel guitar, maybe. I was trying to do my best Mike Campbell “You Got Lucky”.

Personally, I consider this classic rock. When I wrote it, I was in the headspace of Tom Petty or Bruce Springsteen, but people that have heard it say it reminds them of Johnny Cash, so you be the judge.

I recorded the rhythm guitar, used the AutoChord analyzer and then loaded up my WAV file into BAIB and played with the styles until I found something that I liked. Then I recorded the vocals & lead guitar after the other tracks were in place. The cello & bowed bass drop out on the chorus and the electric bass comes in. I recorded and mixed with a combination of Reaper and Audacity.

I'm a songwriter/guitarist, and sometimes vocalist. I write in many different genres. I use BIAB to help with writing, arranging, and recording songs and as a learning tool.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-wampler-970063483