This is how it is at the moment:
Re: ADVANTAGES OF REALBAND OVER PG's COMPETITION.
Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti

So right now I make tracks in BB then export.
When I need some more instruments I open BB again and then export more tracks.

I have the BB vst loaded in Reaper but I only use it their for the track settings and following the chords when I play along.
I don't like the way the BB vst needs to generate a set of tracks to your temp folder that you have to go and clean out.

But... this is a bit of a slow way to arrange.

You don't need to stream audio from bbw4 to the BBPlugin when
bbw4 could just generate up the RT RD data that the plugin will play back the source files direct from the hard drive.
This will work as fast as generating midi tracks so it will be even faster than Biab.
This will work for now but eventually the BBPlugin needs to get away from bbw4 and do all the generate functions directly in the BBPlugin as there are too many restrictions in the bbw4 holding it back in the 90's same as Biab.

As for the tempo sync VST that is a simple solution for those that only want to use Biab.
As for PG putting the whole of Biab in the BBPlugin I can't see that happening as it took ages fighting to get just the solo mute buttons in the BBPlugin.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=678120#Post678120
The Demo mp4 below shows how Direct Play works, no generating to RAM then rendering to wav.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Section_Player.mp4 (1.72 MB, 17 downloads)