I have found soundcloud to be inconsistent in what they takedown. I put two songs from an album I own on SoundCloud. One was taken down for copyright violation. I could have sent SoundCloud the paperwork that proved I owned both songs. Too much like work.

There are many changes going on in the last few years as a result of this thing called the internet.

Copyright infringement is happening every day on youtube and youtube is making money off it.

Copyright law is actually pretty straightforward and written in plain language. It is the enforcement of copyright law that is inconsistent.

It is illegal to sell cocaine on Sunset Blvd. in LA but the law is not enforced. The fact that it is not enforced does not make it legal.

Just because a law is not enforced does not change the law.

If copyright is automatic as a function of recording a piece of music. it seems like it would be hard not to infringe on someone's work. How many zillions of songs have been created?

One can post a cover song on youtube and get away with it. But the person who does that has stolen from someone and is both a criminal and a thief.

Provisions in the law give anyone the right to cover someone else song. All that is needed to do that is to compensate the owner by buying a mechanical license and a synchronization license in the case of a video. The mechanical is mandatory but the copyright owner can refuse to give a sync license.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo