Project M, Ghostgum, musician17, moto, rayc, Bob, Floyd, Torrey, Janne, firesong, TuneMonger, Marty, J&B, Gutarhacker, Peter, om, Greg and Vic:

Thanks all for the listen and all the feedback. Really appreciate your taking the time to comment, and glad the song resonated well-enough. A few thoughts on some of the input:

Captainmoto: I’ll have to go back in and take another listen with your thought in mind—I don’t think anything’s misaligned, but lord knows I’ve overlooked many elements before, so I’ll check the settings on the various tracks and make sure there aligned. Beyond that, maybe just a volume thing, as I have a few of the guitars low and wide. Thanks for the food for thought.

rayc: God bless those ears of yours! I’ll jump back in and see if I can address them—no tambourine in this one—perhaps the nylon guitar or a stray hi-hat from the percussion? Dunno. But thanks for pointing it out.

Janne: I think I have a tendency to downplay the bass—easy enough to make it more prominent here.

TuneMonger: Well, I did put out a collection of tunes (I can’t quite bring myself to say “album”) earlier this year on Spotify and the other steaming services (via Distrokid), and have added a couple of singles. All stuff I’ve posted here, with some tunes still not as polished as I would have liked from a production standpoint. Hoping to put another collection out late this year though more likely early next, which hopefully will be a little more consistent in quality of production. We’ll see. But thanks much for the kind words and encouragement.

om: I auditioned a fair number of guitars for this tune, and for better or worse it’s where I ended up sound wise. But I get you, and when I dive back into this one, I’ll try a few more out. Thanks.

Vic: You nailed the one aspect of the song I struggled with most, and I was wondering if anyone would comment on it. I wavered between deleting one bar before the second verse, adding the nylon acoustic lead, or doing nothing. I thought the first option sounded too rushed as I moved from the chorus to the second verse (though when I play it live that’s exactly what I do), and I couldn’t get a good enough riff from the acoustic to fill it (though I will redouble my efforts on that). So I went with the third option. I think you are right though and I’ll have to address it. Thanks.

My best to you all:

Deej