Some of you may get a chuckle out of this. I have an iPad Mini 2. I bought it back when a girlfriend had an iPhone and we liked to video chat. That would be over 6 years ago now. Now, I use it for exactly 2 things. When I sit on the patio on nice days, I watch TV on it. That one is "normal".

BUT!! I like to cook, and one thing I do well is soups. Well, you need to bring that big pot to a boil and then back it off to a simmer. I am not about to stand there for however many minutes it takes to bring a big pot to a boil. So I set up the iPad with an app called Alfred, a home camera system, and aim it down into the pot from a perch on top of the Ninja Foodie Air Fryer/Toaster/Broiler/Oven. I watch it on my phone from the office where the computers are that I sit in most waking minutes.

I know that's kind of weird, but it works well for me. When I see the pot bubbling, I go in and turn the induction cooking unit down from 10 to 3 and after a half hour, the soup is done.

That makes me think about how much I do from this one chair. I pay bills, I look for toys to buy, I keep my budget, my calendar, watch TV on another monitor, edit video, write music... Today is sports day. I have Premier League Soccer on a screen right now with the sound muted, and NFL Gameday preview on another while I edit the video from Brian Culbertson's concert from Friday night in the background. (Which will take all day with slow rendering times. Kind of why I have 3 monitors.)

So now you have me thinking about that A7 tablet... I don't have an Android tablet. Have to wait though as I just bought a new Glock 17 yesterday. One toy at a time.

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/07/21 06:19 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.