Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
“The public is so stupid they deserve what they get.”

Hey Billy, what are the criteria for leaving the public? Damn big tent smile

Hi Bud.

I never should have said that in exactly that manner. It was more or less a rant based on the emotional impact of the number of people I have known personally who have died of Covid-19 needlessly.

Eddie was calling to our attention the frivolous nature of the copyright situation and I just took it from there, right wrong or indifferent.

Also the number and amount of money involved in frivolous lawsuits over music copyrights and a thousand other things.

The fact that many people get their medical information from sources like Facebook and believe all the unsupported information they read there is much more than "stupid".

The fact that a large number of people living in the United States can not read the front page of a newspaper is unbelievable.

"Stupid" is a very inaccurate term to describe the condition. It is substantially more complex than that.

The criteria for leaving the generally uneducated public is the acquisition of education and common sense.

We use to have something in the law here call " the reasonable man". He died sometime about 1956 and left no children...lol Actually not funny.

If you believe the earth is flat and the universe revolves around the earth I guess you are intituled to your opinion.

If you are a stone-age barbarian and believe you should go around loping off the heads of the "infidels" then I think we would be justified in exterminating such people.

If you think it is OK to get drunk and drive your car and kill other people or infect and kill other people because you do not believe in vaccines then "stupid" is hardly sufficient to describe you.

If you have no skill set and no education and no intention of learning the common language of the country you live in and think the government should be required to support you generation after generation then " stupid" is a very inadequate word to describe what is going on. Don't misconstrue that to mean I have no empathy for the issues that many people face. I personally do my best to help people I know achieve upward mobility and assist them when I can.

I hear way too many people say "there should be a law". Well...the are, and literally millions of reams of paper describing them and no way to enforce said laws.

This fact is extremely relevant to people here on this forum who produce music who are subject to copyright laws that are out of date and seriously need to be revised.

We have a federal government that is barely capable of function any longer and a high number of citizens in this country who believe deadly violence is the proper action to take to change what they don't like.

I have not written any protest songs for a very long time but I think I will start soon. It is one method of communication no one can really take me to task for.

Sorry if my perception of what is going on offends anyone.

It is just that, my perception. Feel free to take me to tasks for anything that I say. I don't pretend to know everything. I am always ready to listen to other opinions about the state of things that concern us here on the forum.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo