Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

What days have you wasted?
All these days you have in mind were needed to make good songs. And that is what you did again with this beautiful song!
Very good, interesting effects you used too and a nice finale.

I read a lot of the posting collegues mentioned that 'wasted' time of yours. Of course, because you created an open goal for this.
But have more of those days to enjoy us...

Regards,
Hans

Thanks, Hans. smile

Originally Posted By: musician17
Dear floyd,

No day is ever, ever wasted, I personally believe. Sometimes, one has to rest to come back better, no? Se reculer pour mieux sauter, as the French say ...

The song ... Pianobilly said it best: you get better with each song you write. Modern sound coupled with your trademark storytelling style and wisdom-filled voice. Those drums in the background ... perfect. Harmonies: wonderful. Arrangement: well thought out, progressing from simple to more complex. Note repetition in the vocals in the chorus: inspired and modern-sounding. The song is SO relaxing, too ... it's so easy to just listen and forget about everything else - the mark of something truly well done.

In short: you're nothing short of a genius, it's a privilege to listen to you sing your creations. Blocks are irrelevant with you, it seems - carry on creating, thanks for sharing your creations with us. Such a joy to hear.

James - thanks for all the great comments!...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi floyd,

Listened a couple of times through the phones, great stereo mix!

Love the intro! And the outro too for that matter wink

Vocals are top notch, and I really like the melody too.

The chorus is great! One that will stick in your head long after the song is over.

As far as the message goes, wasting time ... yeah, been there, done that!

I always love the attention to detail in your songs, very inspiring, and makes me strive to do more with my productions.

Excellent song, really enjoyed it.

BTW, the first few notes of the lead guitar that comes in at 2:05 reminds me of a Lynyrd Skynyrd song from way back. Can't put my finger on which one, going to drive me nuts until I figure it out! wink

Dave - thanks for the great review. Really appreciate that....
I imagine Brent has a bit of Skynrd buried in his guitar psyche. I set up the RT so that it plays at a much slower speed than it was probably intended in its original form....

Ok, so *that's* how you got Brent to play slow! grin Sounds great, fits the song perfectly.

A "trick" that folks might not know about. If you set an RT to Half-Time, you can use RTs that are recorded at a slow bpm in a fast-bpm song. Typically you want to use an RT that plays at half the bpm of your song....meaning that if your song is at 120 bpm, you can use RTs that are recorded at 60 bpm (and they sound "natural"). The slower bpm soloists (60, for example) are always less-notes-more-relaxed playing than the 120 soloists play. In this case I used a soloist that was recorded at 55 bpm (set to Half-Time). So that will work well in a song at 110 bpm. In this case, the song was actually at 85 bpm, so that 55 bpm solo is even SLOWER than the original source. In some cases, that might be stretching too much, but there did not seem to be any artifacts (evident ones, anyway)... so I got a very expressive solo from Brent...