Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Those are some of the worst cover versions that I have ever heard. eek

Roll your own.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes most of them are pretty bad. I am not sure I understand even how to use them. The MP3 downloaded without issue. The MP3 files are not useful because they are pretty bad versions of cover songs as you indicated.
I was expecting .sgu files to load in BIAB where I then had control and could rework them. Until now I have not been able to figure out how to do that.

If someone could download one of the songs in .sgu format and explain just how to do that it would be super helpful.

Also perhaps I should be going about this whole process differently because I really don't understand how to make a more complex cover song with BIAB. I created Knockin On Heavens Door in BIAB last night. Well...hell that is such a simple three-chord song I don't need any software to do that.
Just play out the parts live and record them. Perhaps use Superior Drummer for the drums.

But how would you go about making a cover of a Gary Moore song like Parisienne Walkways? The keyboard part is pretty complex. I can play the main riff solo but playing the chord structure with the timing Gary has is super hard to do. It would be ever so cool to be able to do that part with software.

I absolutely know the answer to all this at a cost of $500 to $1000 per song with high-quality studio musicians who can duplicate anything but to do that I am going to need to find a very rich girlfriend...lol

I have yet to see a complex well made cover song done in BIAB.
I assume they may exist somewhere.

So you understand what I really want it goes like this.
1. The intro needs to be close to the original.
2. The solo needs to incorporate the signature licks.
3. The chord structure needs to follow pretty closely to the original. I am unlike to come up with a better version/arrangement than the original
4. I do not expect to use all the instrumentation that was used to create the original.
5. The song has to be very recognizable to the general public. It does not have to be exact because they are not generally going to recognize the fact I played an A minor as opposed to an A minor 7 for example.

What I really want is a professional sound backing track that I can load in my DAW and play out live and have the option to omit certain parts if I happen to have a live bass player for example.

Perhaps I am looking for something that simply does not exist and is not really possible to create with the software.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo