Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I guess you and I have similar tastes.......I used this band and built on the demo progression in much the same way. This is really pretty!!! I was sucked in by the groove too! You created a great song with it!!!

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/islandsc?si=95273ebbb3ea4ab8a25ba3d17a359ca6

Here's a link to mine. Take care. Greg

Yea, we do have similar tastes. :-) Yours is smoother than mine but still a great song. I wanted a bit harder groove, speeded it up, and gave the hi-hat more presence. I also cut the guitar riff up to only accent the hook. Didn't think it would work throughout the melody but you indeed did make it work. I actually do a lot of reswizzling (if that's a word) existing BIAB patterns and give them a melody with a few changes. I mean why re-invent the wheel :-) I usually have to play the string lines myself and sing the backgrounds since the BIAB strings basically just follow the chords and the Vocals are only oohs and aahs ... You used a brass solo. Because my song was creeping up on 5 minutes I cut the bridge out totally and created an ending vamp different from the standard hook to finish the song in the 3 minute range. It's not the type of song I would ever release though. It doesn't work with my fan base. Still a great pattern that was fun to play around with.