Originally Posted By: rharv
The closet has worked, as has the garage.
For my daughter, she likes the sound we get when she stands in the upstairs hallway that faces the open stairwell to the downstairs, she says the stairwell sucks the room sound away, yet the side walls help her hear herself.
Ya never know what's going to work for a given vocalist, all you can do is experiment.
Heck in Motown they would record on the dirt floor of a garage and feed the sound into the empty attic for reverb.
Nothing wrong with being creative and experimenting.

/But I wouldn't initially invite her over to experiment, not in those words anyway

I never even considered the stairwell idea. There is a platform five steps down and not far away.No AC outlet in the stairwell
I need to set up some sort of test in different places. A small mono speaker near the mic with a known good vocal? I have a high-quality signal generator 0-30Mhs? Look at the signal with a spectrum analyzer?
Look at the noise floor?

OMG, this is beginning to look like engineering. Looks like a lot of work...lol

Thanks guys for the ideas

Other good news, got cleared by the doctor this afternoon for unlimited physical activity.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo