SONG TITLE : "HT MAN" /"I GOT DEEP DOWN RHYTHM AND BLUES"
(please read back story before playing )

ARTIST : moi..ALF-L..(a lad from london (c) 2004)
**BEFORE PLAYING THE SONG PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING.**
1. due to the variety of playback systems out there. watch your levels till comfortable with song...apologies if the listener hates the song. use earbuds if possible. i'm looking for heavy critique of the song...so blast away lol.
2. i like to sing in and experiment with many different vocal styles. this is one of them.
3. Crazy backstory of this song.
i thought , for a change i would throw an "oddball song" in the pg showcase forum for comment/critique..
that has given me aggro and haunted me for many years. its perfection has eluded me.
so be as brutal as you wish in your review.
this song of mine started as as an "experiment"...to show a friend that even tho' one doesnt have many bucks one can still get a song down. this song i purposely used totally junk gear.
of course in the intervening years, even the most budget gear has become pretty good.
you see my friend was useing lack of gear as a reason not to get his rather nice song ideas recorded.
THUS...this song started on a used old rented semi pro junker tape multitrak. then i moved it to pg powertraks. recently i moved the master to pg realband for some "tarting up".
the song is a sly look at how "tech" impacts peoples lives.
all traks/lyrics/vocs etc etc are mine, so blame me....as is the arrangement etc etc.
ive tried repeatedly and desperately to re-do the song useing big studio gear, but failed...
the song mocks me...every time i try a redo i lose the original sound picture i like.
i just dont like the results compared to this rough demo.
ie..the song came back to kick me in the proverbial...lol.
so i keep on returning to this rough demo original cos i like its "mojo" as well as how the vocals work/sit on the outtro. it also has this "hooky" feel to it i like. as well as how it bops along.
i literally go to bed humming the song, which tells me its got "something". feel free to disagree.
to say i used the ultra junkiest gear at the time to do this song is a gross understatement.
(includeing a dynamic mic transistor mic preamp i built for 5 buks .)
sigh....one issue with the song is cos i used tape originally its got drifting "fractional tempos" around "132.504" so the pg acw tells me.
i have tried repeatedly in biab and rb to add real drums/rt's , but everything drifts out of sync.
all the song needs really is some not too overt drums sitting subtly back in the mix.
so if anyone has any ideas how to add subtle rd's i'm all ears. given the fractional tempo problem/tape drift.
its just a retro song that i like the mojo of, and other people have told me same.
but maybe they were being nice..lol.
the chords are simple. if you hate it, fair enough , i'm a big 6 foot london lad and can take it...lol.
just be good enough to tell me why. any and all comments welcome.
be as brutal as you wish. i have a few songs like this that ive tried redoing useing the best big studio gear, only to once again be stymied and ditch the new version cos i liked the old demo version better that was done with junk gear.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SONG>>>>>(the original mojo rough demo)
https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/htmanc04alf-l

HERE ARE THE LYRICS.
V1. 20secs.
i got those deep down rhythm & blues, i got the feelin' its bad news.
she went n turned her back on me, took her honey across the street.
hi tech man he came to town, took my woman and fooled ...all around.
V2. 49secs.
i got those deep down rhythm & blues, i got the feelin' ive been used.
she took my money across the street, i found them makin' lotsa heat.
hi tech man he came to town, took my life n turned..me upside down.
yes he did.
Rhythm break 1m18secs...."oooh"...
My daft Little Lead. 1m25secs.
V3. 1m39secs.
i went up to bed , turned my tv on, looked out my window, he was gone.
she banged on my door, but i couldnt care, tried to hit me up for some subway fare.
hi tech mans in another town, turning other lives like mine upside down...(sung twice)
OUTTRO. 2m18secs.
upside down..for fooling around,..for fooling around...yeah fooling around...
yeah fooling around...fooling around ....<<<<repeated.

i'm particularly interested in what people think of my vocs and the outtro.
..................................................................................................................
so there you have it. a song thats driven me nuts for too many moons.lol.
best to everyone. have a great year. whether you liked the song or not.
also an advanced merry xmas to all.
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/25/21 04:52 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)