Hi Charlie

Hope this straightens the question marks.

<< Had a part over a couple of bars that was good, so I did a freeze of the whole track. >>
My understanding is you are only freezing a single track in order to retain and use a couple of bars located on that track.
Exactly

<< Then I tried to have it resting for the other bars in the chord settings dialogue, as you normally can with unfrozen tracks. >>
"have it resting" I assume "it resting" means all of the other tracks except the one frozen track.
in this case all others were not resting (i.e. "all except") and the frozen one should rest on some bars and run on some others

<< It did not work, it happily ran the whole thing ...>>
"it" I presume means the frozen track did not work (ie: respond to the rest you applied)?
What do you mean when you state, "it happily ran the whole thing ..."?
The "Rest only" function had no effect on the frozen track, i.e. it played regardless of setting

<<I realize that it would need another handling in the software, so likely a programming issue or never even thought of. >>
What do you mean by this statement?
More source code by PGmusic to get it "right". I don't know if it could even require chopping up the wave file again to its sample parts in order to control it, possibly depends on the structure of the source code.

<< The next thing would then be to copy the frozen track onto a utility track and delete what is not needed.>>
Maybe, maybe not. There are multiple ways to address deleting what is not needed. Muting bars on a Legacy RealTrack may work. The track may can be edited on the Audio Track and that edited audio returned back to the original track as a Performance Track. There are more options beyond these few I've listed.
Copying the frozen track, did not work directly. See comment in earlier post above. Muting bars, how is that done, volume changes at the bars in question? Could be limited by some samples having pickup note(s) prior to the start of the bar

<< Among the prerequisites: the tempo for the Real tracks has been changed. >>
Are you stating freezing the track caused the tempo to change? Are did something in the process cause the tempo to change when you copied the frozen track to a Utility Track? Did the tempo change occur unexpectedly when you applied changes in the chord settings dialogue? Or, did you intentionally change the tempo for the RealTracks as a "prerequisite"
The tempo was adjusted to fit a separate audio track that was imported, bar aligned and equalized in time. This doesn't seem to handle the time/bar settings for other real tracks very well

<< So, Audio edit ..., a total mess with copy and paste, timing and bars are way off. >>
There could be several different causes for this. Regardless the cause, it's normally an easy and fast correction.
See item above, but please advice. I have seen it number of times and it have not seen any way of correcting it. It normally works ok for the imported audio file by just moving a barline ever so slightly and it will line up ok again

<< Anybody with similar experience or even a solution? >>
I've personally not experienced all of these issues but I feel sure there's a 'BIAB' solution to avoid having to spend time opening, exporting, re-importing and syncing just to delete some unwanted audio on a track. I'll be glad to help you do this in BIAB once I understand better.

I agree with you that it's more desirable and efficient to work in a single environment and it's not necessary to resort to a DAW for editing and "saving a couple of good bars" of a track. BIAB has a very robust Audio Editor that in every instance it is more beneficial to use BIAB's Audio Editor over any DAW. Using the BIAB Audio Editor or copy/paste between Legacy RealTracks and Utility Tracks preserves all of BIAB's features, techniques and tools that work with proprietary BIAB generated tracks and Styles whether they're Midi, Supermidi or RealTracks. No DAW, not even RealBand or the BIAB VST DAW Plug-in can do everything the BIAB main program can.

I was reluctant to ask so many questions but I think you're wanting to do what should be, and normally is, a simple task that is achievable comfortably and solely within the BIAB program. I'll be happy to help. I'm just not understanding the process you did when manipulating and saving the "good bars" that got out of whack on you.
Many thanks for taking the time to dive into it, I fully agree with your thoughts in the previous paragraphs and appreciate any support and advice.

cheers Thomas

On the latest Win version